Mouth-watering tasty recipe! some of you might wonder, “why to put mustard on chicken before frying?”. We think, “what does putting mustard on chicken do, how does it helps to put mustard on chicken to be ever more flavorsome, and so on.
Using mustard on chicken before frying is one of the most essential pickling processes in marination time.
If you are wondering what does mustard fried chicken taste like? it’s very simple and tasty just like KFC if you love KFC you’ll gonna love this too.
Today, In this article we will reason out the actual meaning and the uses of mustard in the chicken before frying.
So, without any delay let’s figure out, “why put mustard on chicken wings before frying?”
Using mustard on chicken before frying will help the seasoning to hold together with the chicken, which intensifies the flavor even better and avoids from falling off during smoking. Moreover, putting mustard on the chicken will bring out the delighted outer layer of dressing the chicken deliciously.
Commonly well known in fast-food restaurants like KFC, they are described as being a crunchy and crispy recipe renowned as the most often served fast food outlets.
High in fat, it contains high calories of energy. Cherish even better when served with mashed potatoes, gravy, macaroni and cheese, coleslaw, corn, and biscuits.
Inspired by the outlet of Chains like KFC and other popular chicken recipes, using mustard on chicken biscuits trend even boomed in most online advertisements and Youtube videos on the internet.
Somewhere around this had also boosted “what does mustard do to chicken?”
5 Actual Purpose Of Putting Mustard On Chicken Before Frying
- Helps join together water and oil in one seamless blend: Marinating the chicken with mustard and other seasoned liquids before frying soaks up the chicken breasts, wings, and thighs. And, in single mixture mustard accumulates all seasonings blending together avoiding chunks.
- Bring together lots of different flavors into one delicious package: The main purpose of marinating with mustard is to intensify the flavor of the chicken. Even with just a few basic ingredients, it solely adds flavors to your favorite chicken, meat, or fish.
- Gives a sweet and tangy dressing: French-inspired mustard chicken fry is normally fried without any outer coating. However, dipped in flour before the fry gives an amazing outer crest-coated look.
- Prevents from burning: While smoking, the mustard-marinated layer protects the chicken from browning too quickly, prevents it from burning, and lets the chicken be perfectly cooked.
- To get the result as the crispiest fried chicken: A marinated mixture of mustard helps to stick the flour flawlessly with the breast, wings, or thighs creating the outer layer rough and crispy when fried. After a few minutes of cooling, it becomes ready for service.
Delicious Mustard Fried Chicken
Wanna get complimented? Ever had thoughts to taste this mustard fried chicken? Here’s a complete video guide.
Or, If you wanna try this recipe, you can see the whole video tutorial. You will get an overall idea. If not the detailed description of the required ingredients is ready; just one click away. All you need to do is just collect the ingredients required as mentioned and start the preparation.
Enjoy eating mustard on chicken
How To Make Mustard fried chicken?
(Serves 3. or 4.)
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 3 tbsp. yellow (American) mustard
- 3 tsp. salt, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Honey (optional)
- Peanut, vegetable, or canola oil (for frying)
- Put eight chicken legs in a plastic bag.
- Splotch the mustard and sprinkle about a teaspoon of salt over the chicken. Mush the chicken and mustard and salt together in the bag, and let them sit for maybe an hour.
- Pour an inch of peanut, vegetable, or canola oil into a cast-iron or otherwise heavy pan. Heat the oil to about 300°F – 400°F.
- In another bag, combine the flour, remaining salt, and pepper. Mix well. Remove the chicken from the first bag into this second bag.
- With one hand holding the bag closed, shake the chicken as if it’s 1993 and you’re making Shake ‘n Bake.
- Place the chicken in the hot oil and cook until crisp and golden on one side (about four minutes), then turn the legs over and cook another four or five minutes, until cooked through.
- Drain the chicken on a wire rack (position it over a plate for easy clean-up) for five minutes. Drizzle lightly with honey, and serve hot.
Do I need to season the chicken before frying?
Yes, for sure! Seasoning adds even more flavor to your chicken recipe plus with an extra coating. Adding salt to every step in the frying chicken process is the main way of avoiding blandness.
What are the ingredients required?
- around 5 pounds of chicken legs or wings
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 3 tbsp prepared yellow mustard
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- oil as needed for frying
What does mustard fried chicken taste like?
The recipe has a normal crunchy, juicy, and crispy appearance with a spicy and salty taste. Restaurants like KFC, it is common to fast food outlets preferred by most people.
How much time does it take to cook mustard fried chicken?
Over and all, it will cost you no more than 35 minutes to get your mustard-fried chicken ready.
Why put mustard on chicken before frying?
- Helps join together water and oil in one seamless blend
- Bring together lots of different flavors into one delicious package
- Gives a sweet and tangy dressing
- Prevents from burning
- To get the result of the crispiest fried chicken
Shop Related Products On Amazon
French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
Maille Mustard Variety Pack 7 Oz
Hickory Farms Sweet Hot Mustard